Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Moving to Google+ feels like moving to Europe

I joined Google + as soon as it opened up to the public. I had seen videos and read a few articles about it and I remember thinking that it sounded like a much better version of Facebook, which in turn had been considered a much better version of MySpace. I liked the simplicity of choosing who you share with, among other features, and though I realize that Facebook utilizes a lot of the same features now; it seems like Google has made those features easier to find and more attractive. I assumed that most of my friends who were just as interested in switching from an iphone to android would feel the same way about switching over from Facebook to G+. But of the 70+ friends and family that I had listed on my old facebook page only half of them have joined Google +.  thankfully I've been able to participate in discussions with new and interesting people that are for the most part polite and well spoken. Thus the moving to Europe analogy; I'm excited to be a part of this new community that has been very friendly and welcoming, and the features of my new home are intuitive and exciting and much better looking than where I came from. I just kinda miss my family that refuses to switch over due to fear of change or laziness. (it doesn't cost nearly as much to switch from FB to G+ as it does to move from America to Europe obviously.)

No comments:

Post a Comment